Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Time has just flown by! Today is our last day already! With a few last-minute runs into town to snag souvenirs in between, we completed our final projects and prepared to present them to the scientists from KISS in the evening (We had a great turn-out for our presentations! Thank you to all who came to watch us!). I have learned so much from this experience. I gained a much more profound understanding and appreciation of the polar ecosystems and the cultures of the people living in them, and words cannot express how grateful I am for that. My experience in Greenland shaped me as a person and as a budding scientist, and I am looking forward to returning someday. I'm sad to leave, but I enjoyed my time in Greenland immensely, and I'll always be looking for a way to get back. I owe an enormous thank you to everyone who was involved in this program; to all the Danish, Greenlandic, and American students, teachers, scientists, and behind-the-scenes workers, who not only made this trip possible, but who made it amazing, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment